Thursday, October 9, 2008

GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN


A Camping we will go, we sure did. Darcy, Krista and I took 18 girls camping at Yale Camp last weekend. I completed the Outdoor Training for Darcy and Krista, that is part of my job. I love camping! Let me tell you, they knew how to camp before now. This is not the first campout that Darcy and I have done for the girls. We did all sorts of things like roasting hotdogs and marshmallows, making candy necklaces, carving candles, decorating cookies and tye dying T-Shirts (Darcy saw this in the Family Fun magazine, too cute) and lots more. I also showed the girls how to make a carboard oven and bake brownies with a box, foil and charcoal. They actually got to eat one. Darcy, Krista and I went to Wal-Mart on Friday to buy the supplies, we were in there for way too long! Darcy had our list made out thank goodness. It was all worth it. The girls layed down after 3, and woke up by 7. I know they were tired little girls when they got home. They got pancakes and bacon for breakfast. Camping is something we will all remember!

1 comment:

wanda said...

Thanks Autumn, Darcy & Krista for such a wonderful campout. Jessica had such a good time. You all worked so hard to make this a memorable experience for the girls and it paid off. She was exhausted and slept for several hours on Saturday:) Thanks so much for all you do, they love it.