Friday, August 29, 2008

New York

This July I went to New York on business, what a trip! I had not flown since a child. The airport was just crazy. The security guard randomly chose me to be searched but necessary. They even emptied my purse and carry on. It took forever considering I was inbetween flights that were an hour apart. I was with a fellow employee and friend, Patricia. We had a great time together. I missed my family dearly, I left on Sunday and came home on the next Saturday. I met lots of fun people and had a great time in the Big Apple. I got to go down to Rockefeller Plaza where they film the Today show. That was a biggy for me since I watch it every morning. I got to ride the train into Grand Central Station. That was an experience in itself. The door shut on my head because I was too busy looking at the crack inbetween the train and walkway. I had a bruise the next morning. We worked alot while we were there but they made up for it with awesome food and great accomodations. I felt like I was in another world when I saw all of the people pushing and shoving down the sidewalk. Who knew that many people could cram into such small spaces. I am sure they could tell was visiting by the look on my face. I brought back lots of stuff for the girls. I wish they could have gone with me. I wonder where they will send me next summer?

No comments: